This broccoli salad recipe is a favourite of ours! Full of anti-inflammatory spices and magnesium, this broccoli salad not only packs a flavour punch, but it will make you feel great as well. This salad not only tastes great but it’s good for you too, Broccoli is packed with vitamin C and fibre! Perfect as a side dish for any dinner or to take for lunch at work
Broccoli Salad recipe.
- 1 head of Broccoli, cut into florets and steamed
- 1 red Capsicum, roasted, peeled and cut into strips.
- 1/2 cup Cashews lightly toasted.
- 120g Baby Spinach leaves.
- 1/4 red Onion, very thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of curry powder.
- 1 heaped teaspoon of smokey paprika.
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric.
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon Tahini.
- Salt and Pepper
- Put dressing ingredients in a clean jar and shake to combine
- If the mixture is too thick, combine with a little water until you get the desired consistency.
- Spray or drizzle olive oil on a whole red capsicum and bake capsicum in a hot oven until the skin starts to blister and soften away from the flesh.
- Allow the capsicum to cool slightly and peal away the skin (should remove easily) and then cut into strips
- Steam the broccoli being mindful to not overcook so it is still firm and then allow to cool
- Combine all ingredients in a Salad Bowl and lightly toss.