Low back, mid back, upper back and neck pain are all conditions relating to the spine. Osteopaths, Physiotherapists and Massage Therapists all treat spinal pain alongside standard medical care. All of these treatments may be effective in the management of both long and short term back pain. They may also help to reduce reliance on painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications.
Osteopaths and Physiotherapists particularly focus on the assessment and treatment of back and spinal pain and may help to provide solutions for the following types of pain:
- Sharp, acute, burning, shooting, radiating or throbbing.
- Dull, uncomfortable, aching or chronic.
- Tight, stiff, locked up and achy.
- Sharp or uncomfortable with movement.
As Osteopaths we at Move Osteopathy in Brisbane CBD and New Farm know how to screen you for more serious conditions during our assessments to make sure nothing goes un-missed. So you can rest assured you are in competent hands when trusting us with your health.
Here at Move Osteopathy our Osteopaths are knowledgeable in diagnosis and differentiation of pain sources. This allows them to refer you to the appropriate medical practitioner for your needs if it isn’t us. We have also got great connections to the local GP’s, podiatrists, fitness centres, bike fitters etc etc in the New Farm, fortitude valley and CBD regions to make your health journey easier. Due to our extensive training Osteopaths are able to send you for scans such as spinal x-rays or MRI if required without needing to go via your GP.
At Move we focus on the following
- RELEASE – Using manual therapies to release restricted muscles and joints
- RETRAIN –Helping the individual become aware of their movement. Where needed relearning control and awareness of correct movement.
- STRENGTHEN –Strengthen and improve capacity to perform tasks of daily living, work and athletic performance using exercise rehabilitation.
- MAINTAIN – Attending to your posture and maintaining movement over your life