Health benefits of Kale & Kale Chips
Kale Chips can be a great way to get all of the health benefits of kale in a tasty crunchy snack. I am sure you have heard that kale is packed full of vitamins and fibre making it a true superfood. Kale is naturally high in
- B vitamins – essential for converting nutrients you consume into usable energy
- Vitamin C: essential for the growth, development and repair of tissues. Assists in the development of of collagen, helps us to absorb iron, assist the function of the immune system
- Fibre – improving digestive function and bowel health, lowers cholesterol and assist in controlling blood sugar levels and maintaining health weigh
- Magnesium – Good for bone health and calcium absorption
Making your own kale chips is easy and better and cheeper than any you can buy in stores (that are often high is salt). So long as you do not drench them in old and salt. If you keep cooking time under 10 minutes it helps to retain many of the nutrients in the kale
Kale chips are the nicest of treats with the naughtiest taste!!! Give this easy 4 Ingredient recipe a shot, you wont be sorry
- Olive Oil
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Celtic Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 120 degrees while you massage olive oil into the kale leaves. Lay the kale leaves out on a lined baking tray in one layer, being careful not to let the leaves overlap. You may need more than one tray or to do the kale chips in batches.
- Combine the garlic and salt in a small dish and sprinkle sparingly on top of the kale leaves.
- Bake in the oven until chips are completely dry and crispy. If the leaves are looking a bit brown, try turning the oven down. Cooking them for longer at lower temperature results in greener and crispier chips.